Thursday, August 6, 2009

Jazz at the Bowl






A wonderful tribute last night to jazz greats Miles Davis and Gil Evans at the Hollywood Bowl. Some exceptional talents played tribute to the music of these two legendary artists. On hand on trumpet were: Terence Blanchard, Nicholas Payton, and Gil Evan's son, Miles Evans (Wonder who he was named after?). On base: Christian McBride, on drums: Peter Erskine and Jimmy Cobb, on tuba: Howard Johnson, as well as an orchestra, and all of this under the direction of conductor Vince Mendoza.

I had nice seats in Promenade 1, courtesy of Peter Erskine, whom I've photographed on several occasions. I had my G10 with me, but it was too dark and I was too far away to get anything really clean. So, I cropped and photoshopped.

Incredible music! Thank you, Peter.

No comments: